etsy

Friday, October 12, 2012

Bob Bell - Necropolis

Bob Bell - Necropolis



Pro Canada/Ism ISM 1001, Canada, 1978

A rare private pressing, usually described as acid-jazz/psych, by a musician from British Columbia. From what I have read he still regularly gigs in B.C. and has recorded further material.
I searched for this album for many years and have only found two for sale. The first copy was selling for $200 which was beyond my budget, but I managed to get this copy for only $17 on ebay (I was the only bidder, yay!). My copy is in NM- condition with a glossy, unmarked disc and a sleeve with only very slight wear.

Side 1 - Necropolis (Four Pieces) 1. (4:30) 2. (4:32) 3. (5:28) 4. (5:14) Bob Bell-electric guitar; Mark Franklin-bass; Paul Franklin-percussion
Side 2 - Necropolis (15:08) Bob Bell-alto sax; Paul Plimley-piano; Lyle Ellis-double bass
Recorded at Pinewood Studios, Vancouver, B.C. August 2nd & 10th 1978.

You can listen to tracks and purchase a digital copy of the album here:
http://bobbell.bandcamp.com/album/necropolis

No comments:

Post a Comment