etsy

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Kops Records

Kops Records



This downtown Toronto store has a rather average selection for my tastes, with only occasional gems. Their prices, however, are pretty decent overall and I have gotten some very good deals there (see my Dust post after this one). They have a good section of recent additions and a nicely sized bargain section with scale-priced LPs marked by coloured stickers (the kind that are easily removed without tearing the cover!). I think Kopps caters to a lot of DJs and accordingly has substantial funk, soul and jazz sections. They also have loads of 45s which must take days to search through - I have no patience for searching through 45s! The staff are friendly and helpful and the owner deals with fairness and an open mind. I also like that they are located pretty much across the road from The Rex (Toronto's #1 jazz club), so I can pop across for a pint and good music immediately after I make my purchase.

Kops Records
229 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1Z4
416 593 8523

kopsrecords.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment